Thursday, November 22, 2007

Nightmares

ever wake up from a dream that felt so real that, for a moment, you really confused about where you are? and worse, ever felt the urge at such a moment to slightly wack your boyfriend for something he did and then wake up and feel guilty for that totally confused look on his face? hmm.

other than that, i had the worst experience ever last night: since our flat is very small and we still feel fairly student-like sometimes, we don't have a dinner table. we eat like the chinese. legs crossed, on the floor, whatever food laid out on the coffee table, usually in front of the telly. all's good, until i suddenly feel this soft something moving over my arm!
quick facts - we stay in a cottage on a huge, garden-filled property. So now in summer with all the rains, all the members of the tiny little animal kingdom feel the urge to seek refuge in our flat! and this one was a humongous spider-like thing, with two fangs as long as its legs up in the air at its front, and i couldn't shake it off! i have not freaked out like that in a long time!!! especially when, after crawling all over me at amazing speeds, as i jumped and squirmed and screamed, i saw it running up my chest, coming straight for my face! i tell you, i want to move! to a concrete block of flats! with no garden in sight for miles!!! death to all the creepy crawlies!!!

2 comments:

Sarah Ball said...

You have my sympathy, spiders are horrible, but I maintain that worse than even spiders are...slugs! Our house is 100 years old with drafty floorboards and the slugs come out in the middle of the night and leave trails on my shoes - ugh! Occasionally I'll be up late drinking with friends and see them on the floor. They are the one thing I can't even look at without feeling physically sick.
Getting pets is good for critters though, my cat catches the spiders and my greedy Labrador has been eating the slugs - I don't know how she could, bleaurgh!
Sarah

Vicky said...

eeuw!!! yeah you got a good point there! once we move we definitely want to get a pet - landlady's cat rules the premises at the moment!