Monday, November 26, 2007

Career dreams

I was chatting with a friend just now and remembered how I wanted to become an illustrator for Disney when i grew up (one of a few career dreams). Well, I'm no illustrator for Disney, and maybe that's good, they don't really seem to illustrate much anymore. I have, however, 'landed a job' to illustrate a friends book. She's into alternative healing and is writing a couple of books, and my drawing style is exactly what she's looking for. This is fantastic! Its taken me a couple of days to get from paralysing intimidation to excitement, but I think its going to be great. I get to draw Angels and Fairies and i get paid for it.
So everyone reading, feel free to remind me every once in a while to get my butt going and do some drawing!!!

2 comments:

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

How lovely to have a job illustrating angels and fairies. How wonderful it would be to be able to draw at all. Good for you, hope you enjoy it.

Vicky said...

hey debs! :)
thank you! yes i'm all in the 'getting set-up' process. and thank you for visiting :)