Monday, December 3, 2007

Airports

Feeling Fuzzy... Where one is supposed to recuperate over weekends and come to work on a Monday all fresh and glowing, I come to work feeling worse than I did on Friday! Ugh! But I'm blessed with a wonderful colleague who takes one look at me and decides he's gonna take over my shift tonight. Bless his heart!
Whent to the airport on Saturday to pick up a friend and i was reminded of that starting scene in Love Actually. And I found myself looking for people arriving and the people welcoming them. (The departure section was at the other end of the airport, so only happy scenarios). Boy was that dissapointing! Most people came out of the doors with no particular emotion on their faces, and no one specific to pick them up. Mostly tourists I suppose. One guy met up with a girl - half-happy hug, then walked on, hugged another girl a little further on, and left. No big emotion, no great joy, no wide smiles. I think the 'happiest' welcome was with us and a very rich looking business man. And the business man was welcomed by two men - some foreign investor i guess. So that glow has definitely gone off airports.
I was reminded however that the next time I will be part of this scenario I won't be saying goodbye to the man I love, but we'll be leaving together, hopefully for a romantic honeymoon in Europe ... (daydreaming)
Lets hope!

2 comments:

Rhoda said...

Hey, will be very glad to have you back, I have missed your blog!!

Vicky said...

hey girl! :) thanks, have more to tell now, so will post once i get a chance again!